Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My mac will not boot up after upgrade for photo pad, about 2

Customer Question

my mac will not boot up after upgrade for photo pad
JA: When was the last time you updated the Operating System (OS) on your Apple device?
Customer: about 2 weeks ago
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can not reboot my iMac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Please disconnect the power cable to the computer then hold the power button in for 60 seconds then release.

Then connect the power cable, power it on and tell me how it now functions.

Please let me know the results.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
st ill no boot up only back light shows
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done as requested but the iMac will still not boot the back light seems to come on but that is all
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Shut down your Mac.

Find Command (⌘), Option, P, and R on your keyboard.

Turn on your Mac.

Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.

Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.

Release the keys.

Tell me what it then does please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not get a strart up sound but I did try your option and nothing happened
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still nothing happens
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear that.

It is the internal motherboard that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Mac to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.