Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I purchased a Samsung T5 SSD, I received it yesterday. I

Customer Question

Hi, I purchased a Samsung T5 SSD
JA: How long have you had your T5?
Customer: I received it yesterday. I tried transferring music files to it, but keep getting an error code. Very frustrating.
JA: What have you tried so far with your Samsung product?
Customer: Just transferring music files.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just how to move my files.
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Error code is 0x8007045D
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please disconnect the power cable to the computer then hold the power button in for 60 seconds then release.

Then connect the power cable, power it on and tell me how it now functions.

Please let me know the results.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That didn't help.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Connect it to a different USB port on the computer and tell me if it then functions please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That doesn't help either. My laptop is an HP 250 G7. The SSD works fine on another, older laptop (Lenovo).
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, than do the following please

Disconnect the hard drive

Click start, type in CMD and right click on command prompt and select run as administrator

A black window will open.

Type in it

sfc /scannow

press enter and when it has completed, type in

chkdsk /r

Press enter.

It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.

chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.

Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has.

Then try to connect it please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** that. Not at home right now so it will be later when I give it a go.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That didn't help either. Connecting the SSD to my HP laptop seems to cause all kinds of problems. It takes forever to restart the laptop when the SSD is connected, and it wouldn't allow me to assign another letter to the drive. Very frustrating!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Are you connecting it to a USB 2 or USB 3 port? You see this if the port is Blue on the inside.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I've discovered what the problem was. The brand new cable that was supplied with the SSD must be faulty, because the SSD worked perfectly when I tried it with the cable from my phone. Thank you for your help. ����
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome