Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My dell laptop won't connect to sky my other devices do this

Customer Question

my dell laptop won't connect to sky my other devices do this started today on Windows 10
JA: What Dell model do you have?
Customer: inspiron
JA: What have you tried so far with your Dell? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No we only bought it and it has updated since then. This seems to be limited to sky.com as far as I can see. Ir did connect earlier this morning but suddenly stopped. It seems to switch the internet connection off
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well, the laptop is only a week or so old and we are pleased with it as it boots up really quickly
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.
Please disconnect the power cable to the computer then hold the power button in for 60 seconds then release.
Then connect the power cable, power it on and tell me how it now functions.
Please let me know the results.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well it didn't automatically restart but when I restarted it didn't connect to the internet. I ran the diagnostic which resolved a problem with my network adapter. I've noticed that there is a "not syncing". And it saying "not secure" top left hand side. This does seem to be limited to sky which my other computers and phone have no problem with
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am awaiting an important call on my landline and my mobile is no use here
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

What happens if you open the web browser on it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It opens fine and I've checked goofle, facebook and amazon and they are working well
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry that was google
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It also recons that your site is not secure
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, this is then connected again to the internet

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
currently but still won't load Sky
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One thing I have not done is reset my router as my partner is working from home
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

What do you see when you try to load Sky?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Got to go now. When I get the chance I'll reset my modem but I can't see that that would help
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.