Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I was asked for a password when trying to make an order in

Customer Question

I was asked for a password ***** trying to make an order in the usual, automatic entry way. My password ***** which I haven't been asked for for a long time was no good. I keep on being given emergency numerical passwords by e-mail, but every time a return to my Amazon account I'm told the password *****'ve just tried won't work - and I start looping round the process again - Forgot password? Go to e-mail for emergency password ***** insert number from e-mail - Forgot password? Go to e-mail. It's driving me mad and I'm thinking of closing my account. Dr Gibson
JA: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?
Customer: No
JA: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: I don't use a mobile phone. I gave my wife's mobile number and it seemed she would be sent a usable temporary password. But no message came from Amazon. Mind you, her phone may be faulty as she is getting messages about it - on it - about its memory - which she doesn't understand.
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: My landline phone number is *****
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your account. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Can you please use my link below to reset the password
https://www.amazon.com/ap/forgotpassword?openid.assoc_handle=anywhere_us&pageId=anywhere_us&mn=0
Once the password ***** ***** try to sign into the account.
Please let me know exactly what happens