Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

We have a Samsung Smart TV, Model UE40ES5500: the internet

Hi. We have a Samsung Smart TV, Model UE40ES5500: the internet connection has failed, and the TV screen advises us to insert a wireless LAN adapter. We have been using one of these for the last few years: should we try replacing it, and if so where would we get one? Resident Lymington SO41 8EY.
JA: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Samsung TV?
Customer: We have an HDMI cable from the set-top box (TalkTalk)
JA: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I suppose there is a question whether we could try a non-wifi version of connection. Perhaps the expert cpould advise.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello, my name is***** am one of the JustAnswer.com techs who is going to help you today
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with TV, the following is the first troubleshooting step that should be tried and will help

- Reconnect the Wireless LAN Adapter to the TV

- Disconnect the TV power cord from the power outlet/ socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
The above is a simple troubleshooting technique and if that does not work then you can get the replacement LAN adapter from the following supplier but the price is high

https://www.partmaster.co.uk/wis12abgnx-wifi-dongle/product.pl?pid=3710182&query=WIS12ABGNX

I would recommend connecting an external video streaming player to the TV such as Roku stick or Firestick that has built-in wifi and lots of apps for internet video contents

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask
Thanks for using JustAnswer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm waiting for the ten-minute shutdown to work, so I can't tell the result. But I see the Partmaster replacement for the wireless adapter is £99 - so happy toa avoid that if I can.But in principle a powerline adapter could do the job, couldn't it? At a lower price and possibly better quality?Alternatively we are 7-8 metres from the router - can you get ethernet cables which are that long?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I expect you can answer my questions online, thanks.

You can connect Ethernet cable to the TV and run wired network setup for internet connection

/

NOTE: The phone call or any other offer/ prompt ad is automated and did not send by me. Feel free to ignore it. Let's continue using this text chat

/

Regarding the other LAN adapters, the TV firmware may not accept the other LAN adapter that is why have to use the Samsung LAN adapter

I hope this info will help

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. We already have powerline adapters provided by Talk-Talk for the set-top box; presumably a new set for internet content would not conflict?Did you notice my question on long ethernet cables, which might be simplest of all? I probably need 10m length.

10M Ethernet cable will work, I have used more than that length

The TV needs internet data, either from LAN port or wifi to get the builtin apps working

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see a LAN port on the TV. Does this connect direct by Ethernet cable to the Modem?

Yes, run an Ethernet cable from the TV LAN port to modem LAN port

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the question of having two powerline adapters - one for TalkTalk, one for Internet - is there any risk of a conflict? I see Amazon is doing a pair for around £25.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By the way, the TV still doesn't connect after the 10-minute shut down.

Okay, it seems the wireless LAN adapter of the TV has got an internal failure and needs to be replaced

If you're going to use Ethernet cable then why need the powerline adapters?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Indeed! I just wanted to be sure they both did the same thing. Cable Monkey will get me a 10 cable for £3.50.

Powerline adapter works as wifi extender so it doesn't need if run an Ethernet cable between the Tv and the modem for a wired connection

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot Shahid. All questions answered. I'll let you get on with your day!
George

Very much welcome George, wish you the best~

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bye: top marks in my rating!

Thank you very much George~