Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My new Sony KD - 65X70xx has a blank screen everytime i turn

Hi my new Sony KD - 65X70xx has a blank screen everytime i turn it on, can you please help
JA: What device has a bad screen?
Customer: My new Sony tv
JA: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your Sony TV?
Customer: No
JA: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: No only high winds
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's fine

Hello, my name is***** am one of the JustAnswer.com techs who is going to help you today
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with TV
I need the following info to troubleshoot the problem;

• What is the complete Model Number of the TV you are having the issue with? KD - 65X70xx is invalid, it could be like KD-55XD7005 or something

Model Number would be written on a label pasted on the back cover or the side panel of the TV

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sony KD - 65X70xx
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
KD 55x70xx

It could be KD-65X7000e or KD-55X7000e, can you confirm it?

/

I am not available for a phone call at the moment, I am only able to help you here in the chat

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it's a KD 55X70xx

Let me explain, xx in that number should have two digits

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says KD - 65X70 OR KD55X70xx or 49X70xx
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought it yesterday its given me the same problem as my last TV just a black screen

Thanks for the model number info

- Does the power indicator light on the TV respond when pressing the power button?
- Does the screen glow/ show light inside or any graphics appear when turning On the TV power?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the power indicator works when I turn it on its just a blank screen
  • Do you get the Sony logo/ Android logo on the screen when turning on the TV power?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No logo

- Do you see a dim/ faint picture/ graphics if shine a good flashlight close to the screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No

Apparently, the TV is faulty, since it is brand new so it shouldn't have such an issue. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask
Thanks for using JustAnswer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought the TV yesterday and do you think it's a signal �� problem

No, it isn't a signal problem. The Tv should display Logo/ welcome screen then Home screen even if nothing is connected to it

Would you like me to close the pending phone call request now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay, pending phone call request has been closed, website customer service will do the needful about reversing the charges in a few days