Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Panasonic LED TV, model TX-55DX650B, problem: tv turns on

Customer Question

Panasonic LED TV, model TX-55DX650B
JA: What Panasonic model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: problem: tv turns on for approximately one second, green light flashes, and then turns off and red light flashes
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: approximately 3 years old
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am one of the JustAnswer.com techs who is going to help you today
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with TV
I need to know how many times the red light blinks before pausing and starting over?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Shahid, when we press the power button on the remote, the green light flashes rapidly for about three seconds and the screen and sound comes on for one second. The screen then goes black and the red light blinks continually every second for several minutes. We then can’t turn it back on unless we reset the tv at the plug.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thanks for the info

The red light blinks continually every second call one blink error code that indicates the problem with the backlight system, sorry for this news

Mostly the backlight LEDs go bad and overload the power supply board, however, sometimes the power supply board found faulty. It needs to replace the power supply board as the first thing on the TV that will either fix it or confirm the backlight LEDs need to be replaced by taking apart the screen very carefully which is quite a complicated repair work

Please click the following link to view the board image and part number info to search/ google it to get identical replacement board price info if you're looking to attempt to repair the TV yourself

https://www.ebay.co.uk/c/8015178513

https://www.tvparts.co.uk/TV-parts-for-PANASONIC-TX-55DX650B

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please contact the local TV repair shop for that repair work. I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in a new replacement TV due to the current pandemic situation
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask
Thanks for using JustAnswer