Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My jvc lt32c690 isn’t working. When you turn it on the red

Hi. My jvc lt32c690 isn’t working. When you turn it on the red light flashes continuously. The screen shows the jvc logo and is back lit but nothing happens.
JA: What device or product does this involve?
Customer: Jvc tv
JA: What JVC model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: LT-32c690. It’s 3 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The menu doesn’t work. The remote does nothing and the screen stays blank
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV and any other devices connecting to the TV such as a cable box ect (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV and connecting devices, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Yes, I have tried this a number of times with no change.

Can you disconnect everything from the TV, so cable box, Bluray player, Antenna ect

Then connect only the power, power it on and tell me how it then functions please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don’t want to talk on the phone thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No change. The back light comes on. The logo shows up and then nothing

I am sorry to hear that.

It is the mainboard that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help

You are welcome