Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a question about my mobile - can you help please or

Hi. I have a question about my mobile - can you help please or am I in the wrong chat room?
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: its a Samsung Galaxy J3 2016 [I know very old, like me]
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Galaxy?
Customer: or a clue. How do I find out that?
JA: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your Galaxy? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have a problem with the battery running down in minutes. Plus, apparently the Watsapp is out of date, but when I try to update it a message comes up saying I need to delete an app first (which is one I use the most); if I delete it in order to update WhatsApp, can I then install it again?
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is going to sound awful, This is going to sound awful but, as an elderly lady on a small pension, is this going to cost anything?

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.
Can you please hold the power button on the phone until you see a menu and choose power off.
Then power on the phone and tell me how it still has the problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still has the problem. The battery goes down very rapidly - sometimes within minutes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No phone thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anyone there?

Please go to settings, apps, select the three dots top right then show system apps

Then go to Google Services Framework, select it then storage then clear data.

Restart the phone again and tell me how it then functions please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I’ve gone into Applications and it shows Apllication Manager and Default Applications, no dots.

choose Apllication Manager

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. No Google Services Framework.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just seen Storage. I can see Clear Cache - any use?

No, Storage please, it will be there where you see Clear cache, under Google Services Framework.

You need to first select Application Manager

Then the three dots to show system apps then you will see it in the list.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard, there is nothing on the screen showing Google Services Framework or even dots.

when you select Application Manager

What do you see in the top right?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have Google Search Storage (just found)and Clear Google Search Data and also Clear All Data.

when you select Application Manager

What do you see in the top right?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Top right- time, battery, bars, sound off,

You will then need to reset the phone, this will remove all data and return it to new, so first,

Please follow the steps here to backup

https://www.pcworld.com/article/248984/how-to-back-up-your-android-phone.html

Once all data is backed up (make sure it is to avoid losing your data), then please go to settings, search at the top for Factory Reset and select it.

Complete the reset, then setup the phone again and once done, tell me if it now functions correctly.

Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But will I lose my photos, emails etc?

Emails not, butt photos ect you need to back up first as it shows you in the guide I gave you please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. You’ve been really helpful. I’ve taken a note of everything you’ve said and I’m going to ask my grandson to,help me. I’ll let you know how I get on. Thank you again.