Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I accidentally switched off my wifi on Saturday afternoon

I accidentally switched off my wifi on Saturday afternoon and since I switched it back on it isn't running to the correct speed. It's affecting all my internet links - Facebook, YouTube, Netflix etc. Can you tell me how I can reset it to ensure it runs to full capability?
JA: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?
Customer: It's connected via phone lines
JA: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?
Customer: Power broadband internet and wireless are all green
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's all

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your service . I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the wifi router (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the wifi router, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard I've done as you said and all seems to be running fine again now. Many thanks for your help