Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My mobile phone, model sm g930f, a galaxy s7, has developed

My mobile phone, model sm g930f, a galaxy s7, has developed a black band on the bottom which is affecting my ability to send messages, what's app and emails. I have tried switch off and switch on. Judi shoffren
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?
Customer: Samsung galaxy s7
JA: How long has this been going on with your Galaxy? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Android
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.
Can you please hold the power button on the phone until you see a menu and choose power off.
Then power on the phone and tell me how it still has the problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've already tried this without success. It makes no difference
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I don't wish to pay any more. This way is fine

The black band shows no matter what you are doing correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Correct

I am sorry to hear that.

It is the LCD panel that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.