Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

For months, my fridge has been dripping water from top to

For months, my fridge has been dripping water from top to bottom. Very wet.
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: ***** *****, and only a few years old. It is not a full length model, and housed in an alcove above the washing machine.
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing!
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dripping down the back of the inside. Shelves wet. underneath the fridge, there is brown stain on the shelf which supports the fridge.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is the wait time, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Must keep phone clear cos waiting for incoming call
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wait time???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi! My name is***** am the expert who will be assisting you today.

This problem can occur if the door seal has failed.

Air gets into the fridge and condenses, forming water on the cold surfaces.

It then accumulates and drips.

Check the door seal and replace if it is hard, worn or damaged.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The seal is soft, and the fridge is not old.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I do not wish for a call if that will cost extra. I am signed up for the £5 trial period only.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A separate question: My ***** ***** tall freezer has become very noisy constantly. In addition, it also makes loud cracking noises at regular times. It has ice forming in the top drawer. It flashes -20.

If the seal is soft and undamaged and the door is sealing correctly then check that the drainage hole is not blocked. You should find it at the back of the fridge at the bottom of the back wall.

Fridges are designed so condensation can filter through this hole into a small pan that sits on top of the compressor. The heat from the compressor then causes the water to evaporate.

Problems can happen when the drain gets blocked. Try cleaning it with something like a pipe cleaner, or cotton bud, making sure any blockages are removed.

If the fridge isn't level, water won't flow to the drain correctly. You can raise the front floor screws by a couple of turns to change the level of your fridge.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** helpful. What can I do about the very noisy tall freezer? It frequently making loud cracking noises, also. And ice is forming at the top.

Again, ice will form if air gets into the freezer and condenses, forming water on the cold surfaces which then freezes and forms ice.

Check the door seal.

Ensure warm food (containing moisture) is not placed into the freezer.

Noise from an old compressor is normal.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks, ***** *****'m afraid I will need a person to come and sort the problems. Stay safe!