Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My printer suddenly stopped printing. It appeared to have

My printer suddenly stopped printing. It appeared to have switched itself off. I have changed the fuse in the plug but there does not seem to be any power
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: Canon Pixma MG6450
JA: How long has this been going on with your Pixma?
Customer: First time it has happened
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: Can't remember. Not recent
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing has changed

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot switch it on. There is no power to the printer it would seem. I have changed the fuse and tried a different power source

I am sorry to hear that.

It is the internal powerboard in the printer that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

you are welcome

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I assume that as no live phone call was available I will not be charged £16

I canceled the phone call for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I accepted it but no phone call was made as I was told no one was available

Thanks, ***** ***** the phone call for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A phone call is not necessary as the technician answered the problem . He was the one who wanted the phone call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK

yes, I saw that in your previous messages thanks.