Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Canon MG4250 printer is saying Printing error has

My Canon MG4250 printer is saying Printing error has occurred contact the service centre?
JA: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?
Customer: From my iPhone email.Trying to print off my invoices.My copier has run out of ink and I’m waiting on new cartridges but I can’t get the old ones out .The mechanism has frozen!!
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did that earlier,still saying contact the service centre
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you charge me any more I might as well go out and buy a new one!!!

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can’t remove the cartridges!!!

Please remove the power to the printer then move it to the middle by hand

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not having it.Its jammed!!!

I am sorry to hear that.

It is the internal drive motor or gear assembly that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help

You are welcome