Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My account is not recognised message, Windows laptop, Acer

My account is not recognised message
JA: What computer or device are you having trouble syncing?
Customer: Windows laptop
JA: What's the brand/model and version of Windows of your laptop?
Customer: Acer aspire e15 and I think it's 8.1
JA: What have you tried so far with your Aspire? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: My user name and picture comes up when I switch the laptop on but it didn't recognise my password. Went to reset password ***** sent me a code to my email address but the box had disappeared to put the code in. Now when I try to log in again it doesn't recognise my email address or phone number
JA: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: How will you contact me

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your account. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Can you please use my link below to reset the password
https://account.live.com/password/reset
Once the password ***** ***** try to sign into the account.
Please let me know exactly what happens

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nMZRN

I do not understand your reply sorry

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want the technician to call me. Please cancel the request an continue with chat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why has my account disappeared

No problem

I sent you instructions to reset the password ***** you replied with

nMZRN

You need to elaborate please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent the code which came up as a message I thought was from you. Where did you send my instructions to
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I said I want the call request
cancelling

these are the instructions you need to do please

https://account.live.com/password/reset
Please let me know exactly what happens

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did something wrong and cancelled. I'll try again

ok thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've clicked on the above link again and requested a new code by email but haven't got it

check in your spam folder for it please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's not not in spam either
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have -ad a code from my phone now then I reset password|ord and I presume it accepted the new one but it's now saying the password ***** ***** and the only option now is to reset it again shall I go through all that process again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there

yes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you answer my last message then please

I did, I replied, Yes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks

You are welcome

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is rediculas I've just requested a new code via email and the email I requested half an hour ago came through and says app passwords needs to be updated. I'm not using an app. I'll try resetting my password ***** requesting code via phone first

ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My emails are not coming thru promptly. I've reset my password ***** it's confirmed again and asked me to log in again. Because I have two step login I'm having to get codes again. When I went to my email the email was just confirming password ***** Now my email is playing up completely and last message I received was to say you have sent a message which it says came through 15 mins ago

ok, so emails are coming through if you received an email from us?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've just got that one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm just trying to get codes again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seems to have let me in now without that. I was trying to get into my laptop. How do I take the password ***** the laptop screen. I thought I'd already done that not long ago when I recovered my account have to being suspended.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now session has expired and won't let me in again. Pissedoff.com

ok, so your in the account now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was but please see my last message

restart your device and try again please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you mean my tablet which I'm using now or my laptop

Which every device you have the issue on please with the session

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rebooted and still not accepting password. I'll go through resetting password *****

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The damn thing d0says I've requstedt oo many passwords today. Try again tomorrow bloody thing

You will need to wait till then to try sorry

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sure iput the correct password ***** in the first place. Like I said I was suspended last month because of the same thing but yet it let me in with my original password ***** reset my password ***** I was suspended.

I understand but you need to verify it sorry if they request this

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I get in tomorrow hi do I take the password ***** the screen where I get into my lap top

your laptop will ask for the password ***** you type the new one in

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After I've done that and am in the accounthow do I set it to remove this password ***** So that I don't need to enter a password ***** it first boots up

You always will sorry for security reasons

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Very strange my sister doesn't. And I don't understand why when it boots up it immediately says your password ***** ***** that's even before I've touched it. Can you explain that one.

I can not see your sisters setup sorry.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I mentioned boot up and incorrect password ***** meant in my laptop

Are you referring to email or to the actual windows sign in now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Microsoft. It's the a difference between Windows a microsoft passwords

Microsoft is a company

My question was

Are you referring to email or to the actual windows sign in now on the laptop, windows being the operating system running on your laptop[?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the link I now know how to get into my laptop without putting in a password ***** it boots up. Perhaps you'd like to teach yourself something and have a look

I have done this for many customers before, but not something I would do myself, I value security on my devices.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You told me I always had to put a password ***** for security reasons. If you knew how to do it you should have answered my question, not tell me what you would do. Isn't that what I'm paying for 'you're expertise'

i was referring to Email

Thanks an all the best

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You obviously didn't read my question correctly then. It clearly says when it first boots up I'm going to get in with my life now. I'll log in tomorrow if necessary.

Ok no problem, enjoy the rest of your day.