Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

How do I cancel the list of documents waiting to be printed,

How do I cancel the list of documents waiting to be printed
JA: What's the brand and model of your printer?
Customer: MFC-J5910DW
JA: How long has this been going on with your printer?
Customer: Since Yesterday evening. I gave up trying and started again this morning
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: Computer and systems are new from March this year
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: her functions such as copying works fine. problem started when I was printing an A3 size document and did not specify I only needed the first page. I pressed stop to cancel printing and then tried to print an A4 document and the message wrong size paper came up. Kept trying various options and eventually found I was just building up the print list. I found a way of showing the print list which by now was 19 items and could not find a way of cancelling them all.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your printer. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The long printing list is still there

Are you using a windows or mac computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows

Click start, type in

services.msc

press enter

locate Print spooler

Click it then stop, then start and it should then stop it printing

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just cleared the print list which printed them all on A3 paper and would not accept A4, even though most were designated as A4. Once cleared I tried printing an A4 document which printed OK.. Went back and printed an A3, also OK. Just for completeness I printed another A4 which was OK. The fault seems to have cleared. It may have started from my wanting to print the first page only of an A3 document but failed to specify page one only. When it started to print the whole document I pressed stop/exit. This command was not enough to halt the printing and cancel the rest. Every time I then tried to print an A4 it just kept asking for the correct paper size to be loaded. Only printing the whole list that built up from this point, on A3 paper cleared the fault. Signing off.

Glad we were able to solve your issue.

All the best.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PS As I had no telephone call I assume there will be no phone call charges
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have cancelled request for a phone call

I have cancelled the phone call