Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My You tube app is continually adding to itself. I haven't

My You tube app is continually adding to itself. I haven't watched any you tube in months! but it when I went to try and delete because my telephone is sYing it's full Idon''t know how. I am frightened of deleting everything else !
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?
Customer: I thi k its a Galaxy 3 ,I got it on special offer 2 yrs ago in February. I'm via Vodaphone with BT broadband
JA: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried to delete all the videos that people have sent on lockdown to make room. but I think this 1st started when I was using google maps a few weeks ago and may have pressed the wrong thing in the dark. I'm a night nurse and was trying to get to a patient in the community !
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am hopeless with technology! Does this cost anything? I usually have help from Carphone warehouse in Brixton high st but they have closed

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

You need to disable it please, go to settings, apps, locate youtube then disable

Let me know how you go please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have disabled app for you tube
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought I needed help via the phone but then found the disable instruction to you tube so have done so. What next ,please?

Nothing, this is done, it will not run anymore

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does that mean I will never receive you tube on the mobile again and how do i empty the memory so the phone function,please?

Correct, and the memory from it is emptied

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My email has just gone mental and added 999+ ! What if I do want to see you tube?

We disabled Youtube on the phone

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't finished ! Please see the last enquiry!

If you want to see youtube again then you go back and enable it please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What caused it in the first place? Are you sure the phone will be able to function properly as why did it automatically keel adding to the you tube site?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you gone or can I shut down? I asked you the previous question

yes, the phone will function correctly with Youtube disabled.