Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Sharp TV has no working remote control, so I use the

Hello, my Sharp TV has no working remote control, so I use the buttons on the side of the screen. Somehow the TV has ‘jumped’ off Sky, and is on Scart. When I switch it to HDM1 it just goes straight back to Scart. Can you help please.
JA: What is the model of your TV?
Customer: I don’t know the model, it’s just an ordinary flat screen tv.
JA: What menu options can you access, if any?
Customer: Settings, Application, Picture, Sound, Channel
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, just that I need help to make the tv work, please.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV and any other devices connecting to the TV such as a cable box ect (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV and connecting devices, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, yes, I have done that.

Can you disconnect everything from the TV, so cable box, Bluray player, Antenna ect

Then connect only the power, power it on and tell me how it then functions please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still cannot get the tv to go to HDM1 by using the buttons on the side of the screen, and the remote control is not working.

To check, did you do my last instructions? Repeated below

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We can press the source button on the side of the screen and scroll down to HDM1, but then it just goes back to Scart by itself.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let’s see if we can sort this out by messaging as I cannot easily afford a phone call. Please see if you can help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I’ve done what you said, and have left only the tv plugged in.

Did you see my last two messages I sent to you? As you seem to skip answering the question so I am not sure if you see them

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I’ve done what you said. But the situation remains the same, as described.

Thank you for replying on this.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply, but can you be sure the main board has faulted? Is there anything I can do to check if it can be fixed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don’t think the warranty is still in place as the tv is about four years old.

yes, as the input is controlled by the mainboard and we ruled out any other influencing factors for this