Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I am trying to connect my LG tv to my wi fi, and failing!. I

Hi, I am trying to connect my LG tv to my wi fi, and failing!. I have freeview connected to the TV, will this being affecting it?
JA: What LG model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: 42LB580V-ZM
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: It works, but I can't scroll to network connections through the menu. I have pressed smart buttin and I can manoeuvre on that page to get to setting!
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really, just some advice would be great

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV and any other devices connecting to the TV such as a cable box ect (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV and connecting devices, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK thanks

You are welcome

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have witched the power back on
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What should I do next?

turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
TV is on I haven't tried anything else, but yes working,
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Where do I start to connect it to the Wi-fi?

Go to settings, network and try to connect please on the TV.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is where I am getting stuck. it won't let me scroll to network
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How many conversations are you taking?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Could it be because the freeview box in connected do you think?

Do any other settings pages let you scroll?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the network page let's me scroll, but as I go up the network connetion option vanishes.

I need you to reset the TV please

To do this, press home, then the gear wheel, then the three dots.

then go to General, Reset to initial settings.

Once done. Tell me if it then allows you to connect to wifi please.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Give me a minute I will phone

I am not able to call for this sorry. let me know the results of my instructions I gave you please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can't see a home button on my remote?

This is the picture of the house, on the Tv remote please.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the only picture of a house is on the blue smart button?

yes, thats the TV remote

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the TV remote, is that the correct one?

yes

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
this page won't let me move from square to square, it comes on with the current programme in a box in the left hand top corner which has the 'red line' around it but it won't move from there to settings or any of the others

Can you please replace the batteries in the remote then try

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
but the remote is working?

But you indicated it wont navigate the pages correct?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok, I'll change the batteries but it is letting me scroll .
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have put new batteries in.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what should I do now?

the instructions I gave, to reset the TV please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can't move from the highlighted square that is showing a programme through freeview.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that's the one

You use the arrows around the ok to navigate, do press the house button

Then SETTINGS Then OPTION then Factory Reset

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have finally got it to the 'settings' square, now highlighted in red, trying to select with the ok button isn't happening. This is so frustrating :)

Do you now see option? You need to select that please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, I can't select settings,

The TV is not responding to the remote?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well, the improvement is that it has let me navigate to settings ye, so it is responding, sometimes, it won't let me on to settings, I am selecting it pressing ok, not working

Try to press then the button on the remote that says settings instead. Does it respond to that?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no, but it does if I come out of the home button and press settings directly

ok, if you got to settings then go to OPTION then Factory Reset

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have said twice it won't let me select settings, you are repeating yourself Richard.

You just replied

So then your in settings. So I asked you please to complete the rest of the instructions I told you to do once you are in settings please.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK, in settings, in OPTION screen, I can't see a factory reset choice
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do you think it is the remote or the TV with the problem?, or neither?

You may need to scroll down to see Factory Reset, if you do not see it tell me all items listed once you select option

I do not know yet what is the cause until we finish this process

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm sorry we have been trying to resolve this since 2.35, I think that is long enough, I give up and don't think we are going to solve it in another hour.

ok, if you reconsider then please ensure you scroll down to see Factory Reset, if you do not see it tell me all items listed once you select option

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No thanks, ***** *****'t sit any longer, I ned to move. Why didn't you tell me how many conversations you are involved in?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also curious, why you couldn't phone me.

that is not the issue, I require a few minutes to look up information and reply, I see it was a 2 minute wait when you made the complaint regarding this, it has nothing to do with other conversations, it takes a few minutes to bring up the specifications for your TV, locate the options you need to choose, then type it out.

I apologize if you felt this took to long, but I cannot do it any faster then the 2 minutes it took on that reply unfortunately..

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Good reply, you still haven't told me how many conversations you are in at any on time, one two three?. I wasn't aware I had made a complaint, merely asked a question. I felt the responses too slow throughout the conversation not just that one. You have also ignore my other question why offer a phone call service and then say you can't phone me?

I would have preferred we spent this time fixing your issue as you indicated you had no more time left, but I acknowledge your complaint you feel I was too slow in responding as I mentioned before, I already gave you my thoughts on this. I am not prepared sorry to go into discussions about my personal working habits. The phone call does not obligate me to call you when you request it.

If you wish to complete the instructions I gave you regarding your issue, that is great, else I wish you a great day further.

Thank you and all the best.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I completed all your instructions, they didn't solve the problem in an hour and a half and more.

I am sorry but thats not the case

You can look back and see my Last instructions was

Which you replied to

Of course you are free to stop when you wish. I am only pointing out I was not able to finish the service, unfortunately these things can take time.