Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Our SB700 has power but will not respond to TV, Bluetooth

Our SB700 has power but will not respond to TV, Bluetooth inputs or hand controller. It was working perfectly. The controller flashed a few times on one occasion but seems to be dead now, despite checking the batteries.
JA: What is the model of your TV?
Customer: Samsung QLED
JA: What menu options can you access, if any?
Customer: HDMI 1, HDMI2, Soundbar, PC
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that is all . Thanks

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV and any other devices connecting to the TV such as a cable box ect (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV and connecting devices, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Richard

Hi there

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok, turning off

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Power back on now. Bose sound bar still not responding

If you connect something else to the soundbar such as a phone, do you get audio via that?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i will check
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I tried playing my bluetooth turntable (which has worked with the Bose in the past) but, though the soundbar made a "switching on" noise, nothing happened
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is now flashinh a bluetooth light though

I want you to reset the soundbar please

To do this

1. Disconnect the soundbar from the Internet by removing power from the router that the soundbar is connected to. Before doing so, be sure all activity in the home requiring the Internet can be temporarily interrupted.
  2. On the remote, press and hold the Volume Down and Left Navigation buttons for five seconds to clear the remote's pairing list.
  3. On the soundbar, press and hold the Action button (the circle icon) for five seconds.
    After 15 seconds, the remote and soundbar will be reassociated with one another.
  4. Reconnect power to the router.

Once done, try to connect a phone to it and play music

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok will do

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
music playing now but controller not working, so cannot adjust volume
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
icons on controller flashing now

Which controller are you using? The app on a phone?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the Bose controller
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i am playing the bluetooth turntable as it is linked to sound bar

Please replace the batteries in the controller and tell me if it then controls it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have replaced all the batteries twice to check that but no difference

If you test the remote using the instructions here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMPoifERrNs

Can you confirm if it is working?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
icons are flashing on the controller

If you mean you did the instructions I gave you and confirmed the remote is working then

It is the internal mainboard in the soundbar that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the soundbar to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Many thanks for trying. I am grateful for your advice and will contact Bose. Thanks again Richard

You are most welcome

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Problem sorted now. No need for further action. Thanks