Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

My Samsung UE40MU6120 TV, software version T-KTMDEUC-1280.5,

Customer Question

My Samsung UE40MU6120 TV, software version T-KTMDEUC-1280.5, won't let me watch Netflix or Amazon Prime, saying that my TV operating system version isn't supported and that I should update it. (I could get these until recently). There are no software updates available. Is there anything I can do to get these platforms?
JA: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to Netflix?
Customer: No, just the message when I click on the programme or film that I want
JA: How is your Internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?
Customer: The internet connection is fine. I can access the internet OK for other things and to get onto Amazon prime menus etc
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Ameen Khan replied 8 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today. You have reached JustAnswer, an online question and answer company

I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

The apps on a TV are very basic, it means the app server has an outage or issues then the apps wont connect. My recommendation is to get Chromecast or Amazon Firestick to avoid this. You need a 3rd party device to be able to get that on your TV as the TV apps are very basic and not fully functional. Invest in devices such as Amazon Fire Stick or Google ChromeCast and then you can watch them on your TV. You can purchase them from these links:

ChromeCast: https://www.amazon.com/chromecast/s?k=chromecast
Amazon Firestick: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/amazon-fire-tv-stick-with-alexa-voice-remote-black/5477500.p?skuId=5477500

-----

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back before rating. I am here to help you. If you are satisfied with the answer, then kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you.