Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Samsung TV will not turn on. I've tried an alternative

Customer Question

Hello, my Samsung TV will not turn on. I've tried an alternative power cable and that didn't work either!
JA: Is your Samsung TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?
Customer: No just a normal plug socket
JA: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so!
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The model number is ***** 5 551 27 Samsung LED HDTV Monitor
Expert:  Shahid replied 15 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am one of the JustAnswer.com techs who is going to help you today
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with TV
I need the following info to troubleshoot the problem;

• What is the complete Model Number of the TV you are having the issue with?

Model Number would be written on a label pasted on the back cover or the side panel of the TV

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
LT27B551EW/EN
Expert:  Shahid replied 15 days ago.

- Does the power indicator light on the TV respond when pressing the power button?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No it doesn’t :(
Expert:  Shahid replied 15 days ago.

Okay, the following is the first troubleshooting step that should be tried and will help
- Disconnect the TV power cord from the power outlet/ socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
The above is a simple troubleshooting technique and if that does not work then I'm afraid the TV power supply board or the mainboard has got an internal failure which is causing the trouble, sorry for this news

It needs to replace the faulty board on that TV to resolve the issue. I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask
Thanks for using JustAnswer

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I already tried that and it didn’t work so I think it will need replacing. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Shahid replied 15 days ago.

Okay, wish you the best~