Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a vivoactive 4S and when I walk on the treadmill (at

Customer Question

I have a vivoactive 4S and when I walk on the treadmill (at 4.5mph) it doesn’t measure my steps- do you know why this is?
JA: What's the brand/model of your equipment?
Customer: vivoactive 4S
JA: How long has this been going on with your equipment? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i only got it on Thursday and as it is raining today I walked on my treadmill instead so this is the first time I’ve monitored it while on the treadmill
JA: Anything else you want the Equipment Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that is it thank you
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 15 days ago.

Hi! My name is***** am the expert who will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Pete replied 15 days ago.

To record more accurate distances for your treadmill runs, you can calibrate the treadmill distance after you run at least 1.5 km (1 mi.) on a treadmill. If you use different treadmills, you can manually calibrate the treadmill distance on each treadmill or after each run.

1. Start a treadmill activity and run at least 1.5 km (1 mi.) on the treadmill.
  2. After you complete your run, press the key, and select Done.
  3. Select an option:
    • To calibrate the treadmill distance the first time, select .

The device prompts you to complete the treadmill calibration.

• To manually calibrate the treadmill distance after the first-time calibration, select > Calibrate.

4. Check the treadmill display for the distance traveled, and enter the distance on your device.
Expert:  Pete replied 15 days ago.

Please let me know if you have any further questions on this topic and I'll be more than happy to help.

Have a great weekend and stay safe,

Pete.