Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

L have connected Alexa echo, but l cant loop it to WFI,

Customer Question

Hi l have connected Alexa echo, but l cant loop it to WFI
JA: What computer or device are you having trouble syncing?
Customer: Samsung phone
JA: What Samsung model do you have?
Customer: Galaxy A3
JA: How long has this been going on with your Samsung phone? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I installed the phone amazon link on the phone. Alexa light is on and telling me it is not connected to WFI
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was advised to open settings and click new device but new device does not come up
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 16 days ago.

Hi! My name is***** am the expert who will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Pete replied 16 days ago.

Open the Alexa app on your phone, then tap Settings (the cog icon).

Select 'Set up a new device' to start the Wi-Fi connection process.

Next, select which Amazon Echo speaker you want to set up.

Select your Echo device, and then pick the correct language from the next page.

Then select 'Connect to Wi-Fi' from the next page to continue the set up process and get connected:

first, the instructions ask you to check that the device is currently displaying an orange ring.

If not, you'll have to hold the 'action button' for five seconds first to put the device into setup mode. With that done, you'll need to hop out of the Alexa app and into your phone's own settings menu.

Go to Wi-Fi settings. Turn on Wi-Fi (if it's not on already), then select the Amazon Echo device from the list of access points – the Echo's name should start with the word "Amazon". Once connected, go back into the Alexa app.

The Alexa app should now say it is connected to the Echo. Tap 'Continue', then select yours from the list, then enter your Wi-Fi password.

Tap 'Connect' in the app once the password ***** ***** in. Once it is done you should be taken back to the settings menu, with your Amazon Echo now listed as being online. On the device itself, the light ring should turn off.