Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a Panasonic smart TV that I have been trying to

Customer Question

Good afternoon, I have a Panasonic smart TV that I have been trying to connect to ZOOM, however, it is not allowing me to do so. Model No: TX-L42ET60B
JA: What Panasonic model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: Model L42ET60B approximately 4 years
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes the tv menus does work. Just connecting to zoom, we had a Virgin technician take a look as we felt it was a problem with our internet, he had the same problem
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 19 days ago.

Hi! My name is***** am the expert who will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Pete replied 19 days ago.

It is not possible to connect a Smart TV to Zoom.

It can only connect with computers or mobile devices.

You could connect to Zoom using a phone or tablet, then cast that device to your TV.

Expert:  Pete replied 19 days ago.

Please let me know if you have any further questions on this topic and I'll be more than happy to help.

Have a great weekend and stay safe,

Pete.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thank you Peter. How do I cast cast the device to the TV?
Expert:  Pete replied 19 days ago.
  1. Connect both your TV and the Android (OS 4.2 or higher) device to the same wireless network.
  2. Turn on the TV and press the [APPS] button on the TV remote.
  3. Select the application labeled "Mirroring" using the navigational buttons and press [OK].
  4. On the TV display you will see the message displays.
  5. Press [OK] to select "Yes".
  6. Enter the settings menu of the Android (OS 4.2 or higher) device and tap on the "Screen Mirroring" setting.
  7. Tap on the VIERA model number that is displayed on the screen of the Android (OS 4.2 or higher) device.
  8. Press the [OK] button on the TV remote to select "Yes".
  9. After a short connection period (less than 10 seconds) of time, the screen of the Android (OS 4.2 or higher) device will appear on the screen.
  10. Tap the "End Connection" button on the Android (OS 4.2 or higher) device to stop mirroring the device.
  11. You can also press [RETURN] on your TV remote. When you use the [RETURN] Button on the TV remote the following message will display. "Do you want to exit Mirroring?.
  12. Press [OK] to select "Yes".