Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan,
Experience:  Senior IT Support Specialist at Brookfield Asset Management
101830517

Just bought a sony we66 television we have sky and talk talk

Customer Question

Just bought a sony we66 television we have sky and talk talk router but cannot cannect
JA: Is there a particular streaming service you're trying to connect to (e.g. Netflix or YouTube)?
Customer: No trying to connect to internet
JA: How is your Internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just want to know why we cannot get signal
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Ameen Khan replied 6 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today. You have reached JustAnswer, an online question and answer company

I will do my best to help you today.

To answer your question ->

Seems like that TV network settings are not able to establish a connection, the suggestions are:

- Resetting the ISP's router + changing it's IP address by rebooting the router and waiting 30 minutes

- Factory reset the TV by unplugging it for 45 minutes from power

Changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 on the Router

- Updating the firmware on the TV

- Calling the Internet Service Provider to make the DNS change

if that doesn't work then submit a hardware service request with the manufacturer.

-----

I hope my answer was helpful to you and If you would like more assistance, feel free to message me back before rating. I am here to help you. If you are satisfied with the answer, then kindly use the stars at the top of the page to rate my service with you.

-----------------