Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

My LG Oled curve Tv is not powering up, Yes, Yes, I always

Customer Question

My LG Oled curve Tv is not powering up
JA: Is your LG TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?
Customer: Yes
JA: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I always hear a clicking sound whenever i switch it on but nothing is coming on the screen
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Any time i power up the tv with either the remote or the from the tv, i usually hear a sound as if the tv want to light up but nothing is actually working. Its usually dark as if its not powered up
Expert:  Pete replied 7 days ago.

Hi! My name is***** am the expert who will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Pete replied 7 days ago.

The clicking you are hearing indicates a fault on the power supply board inside the TV.

The TV will require a repair - the power supply board will need to be replaced.

This type of repair typically costs around £150-200.

----------------------------------

Please let me know if you have any further questions on this topic and I'll be more than happy to help.

Have a great weekend and stay safe,

Pete.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I want you to do the repair and i'm ready to pay the cost. Please when can you do it and how? Because i'm in london?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Pls call me on***********Thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 7 days ago.

If the TV is no longer under warranty, you can arrange the repair through a local electronics repair shop, or your local LG dealer.

You can also arrange a repair online at https://www.lg.com/uk/support/repair-warranty/request-repair-sign-in

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
What next pls?
Expert:  Pete replied 7 days ago.