Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Been told by a local tv repairer that the backlight on my

been told by a local tv repairer that the backlight on my TX49 has failed can this be rapaired
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: panosnic tx49dx600b approx 2.5 years old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: no picture at all
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV and any other devices connecting to the TV such as a cable box, wifi router ect (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV and connecting devices, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
still the same got sound but no picture

If you press the menu button on the remote for the TV, does the menu show?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
hi richard no joy just a blank screen

if you shine a flashlight at a 45 degree angle on the screen, do you see anything?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
no

I am sorry to hear that.

It is the internal Tcon board not the backlight that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
hi Richard thank you for the information. as the tv is approx. 2.5 years old i do not have the receipt so what can i do ?

where are you located?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
DARTON BARNSLEY S75 5DT

Ok, you are then best to contact Ken Marsh repairs on 01226 204931 and they can give you an offer to repair this for you

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks for that Richard will do that now

You are welcome