Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I bought a Samsung 32" smart TV for my son's birthday. The

Hello. I bought a Samsung 32" smart TV for my son's birthday. The initial setup went well yesterday (27/7) but he messaged me today at work and said the sound suddenly stopped working. The volume is currently in 24 but I simply cannot get the sound to work. I have been through all the settings to no avail. There are no external devices connected.
JA: Are all the cables at the back of your TV connected tightly to the right sockets?
Customer: There is nothing connected just the plug. I set the tv up using the smart things app. I have set up my Netflix, amazon prime and Disney+ accounts and he just watches them. The WiFi signal us good.
JA: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?
Customer: Just the tv speakers via the initial setup. It was fine yesterday.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The settings are set up for just the tv speakers. The self diagnosis I ran did not work which lead me here.

Hello, my name is***** am one of the JustAnswer.com techs who is going to help you today
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with TV, the following is the first troubleshooting step that should be tried and will help
- Disconnect the TV power cord from the power outlet/ socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
The above is a simple troubleshooting technique and if that does not work then I'm afraid it would be the sound processor chip internal issue causing no sound output. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask
Thanks for using JustAnswer

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Tried that and still no sound. So it looks i need a replacement then.

Yes, if the TV is still under warranty then please return it to get a replacement unit

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Its OK thanks. I will just make my own arrangements to get a replacement.

Very much welcome, wish you the best~

Would you like me to close the pending phone call request now?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
please.

Okay, phone call request has been closed, the website customer service will do the needful to credit you in a few days about the phone call charges, if any