*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I keep getting an error message saying a printer error has

I keep getting an error message saying a printer error has occured. There was a paper jam, but all cleared. I have tried trutning teh printer on and off as instructed - no change. Have tried dsiconnecitng and reconnecitng computer. I need to print off directions and info for my holiday on Saturday. Please help!
JA: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?
Customer: Yes
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: Can't remember
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know how to update the printer driver software
  • Hi,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

The best option will be to try power cycling computer and your printer.

When you power cycle a device, you are simply switching it on and off, while waiting a few minutes in-between. Sometimes, this is all it takes to get a device back to proper working order.

If you power cycle your computer, and printer you are eliminating these potential problems.

Follow these steps please.

Power off the computer . Then disconnect the power cord from the printer.

Then reconnect power to printer and wait 5 minutes for it to completely power on and reboot. Then power on computer and check for normal printing.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am doing this again - but it was the first thing I tried (have tried it 3 times already - am timing the
5 minutes
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Will wait for 5 minutes. £16 is extortionate

I am sorry for the difficulty.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No, hasn't worked -= still getting the same error message
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What's happening now? I need to get this sorted asap

What is the model of the printer?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
SX400
  • Remove the paper from the tray
  • Unplug the printer
  • Remove the cartridges if they block your view. Take a light piece of cardboard or card stock paper and push through the rollers to dislodge any paper stuck in them you can't see.
  • Use a flashlight and see if you can find any jammed paper or foreign objects. If you can see something but can't get to it, or even if you have a jam but don't see anything, pick the printer up, face the opening toward the ground and lightly shake it.
  • WHILE THE PRINTER IS UNPLUGGED, hold down the power button for 30 seconds.
  • Now we're ready to setup the printer again. Return the paper to the tray, return the cartridges to the printhead.
  • Very important: Hold down the stop/cancel button. Plug the printer back in and turn the printer back on WHILE holding down stop/cancel.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK, am doing

Ok

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That worked - there was a tiny piece of paper underneath the ink cartridges - thank you

That's great!