*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I have just turned on my tv to watch channel 117 and the

i have just turned on my tv to watch channel 117 and the message on the screen says i am not authorised. what can i do please
JA: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: it is a sony tv and quite old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No nothing works but when i try to put in any channel it will not wotk
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Sony? What happened right before this?
Customer: we had the tv on this morning and this message has just come up when we wanted to watch miss marple
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no except we want to watch the tv
  • Hi,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

• Restart your box: Press the standby button on your remote, then turn your box off at the mains. Wait a few moments, then turn your box back on.
  • Wait four minutes, then press the sky button on your remote.

Update the software on your box

If resetting your box didn't work, try updating the software on your box:

• Press the standby button on your remote, then turn your box off at the mains.
  • Press and hold the backup button on your box.
  • While still holding the backup button, switch your box back on at the mains.
  • Keep pressing and holding the backup button for up to 30 seconds, until you see all four lights on the front panel turn on, then release.

If the lights don't appear, you may need to schedule an engineer visit to have your box repaired.

If the lights do appear, go to the next steps.

Your box should now be in download mode, which can take between 5 to 10 minutes to complete. Don't turn off your box or try to watch TV while the box is in download mode. You may see an on-screen message saying "Updating System Software" when you switch on your TV.

Once the download is done, the box will switch to standby. Wait 3 minutes. then press sky on your remote to turn your box back on.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you. The television works okay now. J Martin
Your welcome!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ido not want to pay any more money thank you, ***** ***** not on the 24th August2020
Ok
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The television is fine now thank you so no need to ask any more questions or pay any more money thank you. J Martin
Your welcome.