*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

Any idea how to open Toshiba 'remote' VT-859B for VHS Player

Any idea how to open Toshiba 'remote' VT-859B for VHS Player to check state of batteries please - it slides down so far and has serrated pads both sides suggesting pressing those will release the sliding part but no luck so far???
JA: Who makes your media player? How old is it?
Customer: Toshibe - will get Model No. but can't say how old - 15years at a very wild guess! Model No in a 'mo'!
JA: What have you tried so far with your Toshiba media player?
Customer: V-859B - just the handset 'remote' I'm having probs. with - the controls on the machine work fine ut it's at floor level and at 86 that's a long way down!
JA: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Cracked the probblem i.e. opening the Remote Toshiba VT-859B - answer is to slide the to part down to the ful txtent then insert a knife one side of the slot which opens up and that will release it!!
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
That's great news!
please let me know if we can help with anything in the future!