Josh
Josh, Customer Service
Experience:  dasdasd
50836188

Phone keeps going off charge. USB cable ok and port is

Customer Question

Phone keeps going off charge. USB cable ok and port is clean. Tried different wall sockets. Also phone losing charge quicker than normal.
JA: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?
Customer: i phone 6s. Not sure of OS
JA: How long has this been going on with your 6S? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Been a bit iffy for a day or two but today will charge so far then stop. Tried a hard reboot, checked the usb cable shone a torch in the USB port.
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing I can think of
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Josh replied 6 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please note that the steps below may not resolve the issue initially but I am happy to assist you further if necessary.

-------

This type of issue is usually one of 3 things: the charging cable is bad and needs to be replaced, the outlet is not working and you need to try a new one, or the charging port on the iPhone needs to be repaired/replaced.

To start, try replacing the cable and using a different outlet to see if that resolves the issue. If it does not resolve the issue then you will need to have the charging port repaired/replaced at a local Apple store or at a local repair shop. If you go that route, they will quote you a price and you can determine if the repair is worth the cost of it or if it is better to upgrade your phone.