Josh
Josh, Customer Service
Experience:  dasdasd
50836188

I have a cannon MG5650 printer which wo't start up. The

Customer Question

I have a cannon MG5650 printer which wo't start up. The start button lights and the little yellow triangle but no other response.. Alan
JA: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?
Customer: Win 10 desktop 64 bit
JA: How long has this been going on with your MG5650?
Customer: I have not used it for years. It has only printed the original test sheet and done a few scans. Had it for five or six years at a guess.
JA: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?
Customer: Last Win 10 update
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have reloaded the software from the CD to try and get it to respond
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Josh replied 7 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please note that the steps below may not resolve the issue initially but I am happy to assist you further if necessary.

-------

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Expert:  Josh replied 7 days ago.

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one.

I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Expert:  Josh replied 7 days ago.

You're welcome!

-------

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating!

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know otherwise you can close the question by rating my services as 3-5 stars at the top or bottom of this page (or using the rate this expert option if you are on mobile)