Josh
Josh, Customer Service
Experience:  dasdasd
50836188

New computer from curries bricked because it requires

Customer Question

new computer from curries bricked because it requires microsoft account password ***** is forgoten. no sense out of any tried options including that given on screen
JA: Just to clarify, what device or product are you trying to access?
Customer: it is a dell inspiron 3881
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Inspiron?
Customer: win10
JA: Have you tried rebooting from a DVD or flash drive?
Customer: have'nt got that option yet; looked at password ***** program that claims to do job for windows password ***** cost is high for one shot at it. also not sure if works for microsoft account password.
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: it is a freinds machine that I am trying to make work; this is my machine that I am using now; she is here also.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Josh replied 10 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please note that the steps below may not resolve the issue initially but I am happy to assist you further if necessary.

-------

You can reset your Hotmail password ***** using their password ***** option.

Click here: https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx?

Enter your email address and follow the form to reset your password ***** use the new password ***** sign in

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
does that mean that the microsoft account is the same as the hotmail account (which we have not got by the way). Does it also mean that somehow whosoever has an Email acount of whatever brand, microsoft will be using the password ***** that as the password ***** the microsoft account. I am perplexed.
Expert:  Josh replied 9 days ago.

Yes, they are the same thing (Microsoft and Hotmail)