Josh
Josh, Customer Service
Experience:  dasdasd
50836188

Sx500 refuses to switch on tried everything will not switch

Customer Question

Sx500 refuses to switch on tried everything will not switch on.
JA: What device is not powering up?
Customer: sx 500 GPS has been working OK until last few days no charge signal when it is plugged in...
JA: Are there any lights on your GPS when you try charging it? Does the screen change at all?
Customer: Nothing at all...it has been on charge for at least 6 hours
JA: Has there been any damage to your GPS recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the GPS Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Skycaddie sx500 gps will not power up it has been on charge for more than 6 hours..
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I have been waiting now for over 20 mins for a reply...please reply...
Expert:  Josh replied 5 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please note that the steps below may not resolve the issue initially but I am happy to assist you further if necessary.

-------

If you have a SkyCaddie Touch you can reset the caddie by pressing and holding down the power button for about 25 seconds. The caddie should power off. Then, power it back on to make sure it is responding properly.

If you have a SkyCaddie Breeze or SGX you can reset these devices by pressing and holding down the power button and pushing in on the joystick (like a doorbell button) at the same time for about 10 seconds. The caddie should power off. Then, power the caddie back on and it should be responding properly.

If you have a SkyCaddie SGXw you can reset this caddie by pressing and holding down the power button and the mark ball button at the same time for about 10 seconds. The caddie should power off. Then, power the caddie back on and it should be responding properly.

If you have a SkyCaddie Watch, SkyCaddie Linx, Aire, or Aire II you can reset these caddies by pressing and holding down all 4 of the corner buttons for about 6 seconds. The screen should fade out and then you can release the buttons. The caddie should be responding properly at this point. You will also have to reset the time and date on the watch after performing the reset.

If you have a SG3, SG4, or SG5 you can remove the battery from these caddies. Then, place the batteries back in the caddie and see if that helps the issue.

* There isn’t a reset for any of the older model of SkyCaddies. You would simply have to let the battery run down and then recharge the caddie and see if that works.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I cannot power the device up therfore cannot reset device....it is a sky golf sx500 GPS system was working OK 2 days ago now it will not power up......
Expert:  Josh replied 5 days ago.

How old is it?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No thanks do not want a call I am away from my device at this time it is only 2 yrs old...
Expert:  Josh replied 5 days ago.

Thank you for confirming.

Unfortunately, if the unit will not power on then you will need to submit a repair request through SkGolf at 0800 883 05 05.