Josh
Josh, Customer Service
Experience:  dasdasd
50836188

I think my daughters Mac could have been hacked she rang she

Customer Question

I think my daughters Mac could have been hacked she rang she went online as she was haveing problemsinstalling office home and student she gave her phone number and email and the called her from an 0800 number she ended the conversation when she felt it was suspicious, she gave them her email and the number to access her computer, message came up the say her screen was being shared. She
JA: Are you logged into your email account on any other devices?
Customer: She keeps getting a notification saying she needs to enter the password ***** the outlook account she tried to change her password ***** my phone but it says it’s incorrect and she is certain it’s the right number
JA: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: Sorry I don’t understand what you mean we think they have access to her email account and have locked her out
JA: The Email Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Electronics
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Can you help we are desperately worried
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It said there were 5 technicians in line??
Expert:  Josh replied 10 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please note that the steps below may not resolve the issue initially but I am happy to assist you further if necessary.

-------

You can reset your Hotmail password ***** using their password ***** option.

Click here: https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx?

Enter your email address and follow the form to reset your password ***** use the new password ***** sign in

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
She has reset her password ***** recovered her email account but we are worried that they still have access to her devices, does she need to change her phone number? They tried to do an automatic sync at 10.50 which was unsuccessful
I there anything else we should should be concerned about?
Expert:  Josh replied 10 days ago.

No, her phone number is ***** If she changed her password ***** they will not have access to the account anymore.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Could they have installed anything on her Mac that we can’t see?
Expert:  Josh replied 10 days ago.

Yes, they could have installed a remote connect software that allows them access to her computer.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
How do we find out if they have done that?
Expert:  Josh replied 10 days ago.

You can either request remote assistance so one of our experts can connect to your computer or take it into a local computer shop.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  Josh replied 10 days ago.

You're welcome!

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
How do we request remote access from one of the experts
Expert:  Josh replied 10 days ago.

You should see a premium service option on your screen