Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a JVC TV LT-65C880() that seems to be stuck in a loop

Customer Question

I have a JVC TV LT-65C880(B) that seems to be stuck in a loop and cannot get to the menu or any inputs. How can I do a factory reset without going to menu with the remote. There is a on/off button that is a joystick with no other buttons on the side. please Help
JA: Are there buttons on the side, bottom, or back of your LT-65C880?
Customer: back
JA: What menu options can you access, if any?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 14 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am one of the JustAnswer.com techs who is going to help you today
I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with TV
I need the following info to troubleshoot the problem;

• Does the Tv power on, show the logo then shut off and power up again? is that the loop it gets stuck on?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No it doesn't shut off.It displays the HDMI 1 for less than 1 sec then screens goes blank and after a couple of seconds flashes HDMI 1 again in a loop. Cannot use the remote at all and can only switch off by unplugging TV. joystick on off button at back does not work either
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Sorry. first time it does display the JVC logo
Expert:  Shahid replied 14 days ago.

Okay, what video device/ source is connected to the HDMI-1 input of that TV?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I unplugged all but it does not go to main menu
Expert:  Shahid replied 14 days ago.

Okay, did you unplug the TV power cord for 10 minutes form the power socket to get it to reset, replug it back in to reboot the TV?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I did unplug and replug but I dont know how to do a factory reset
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No side panel buttons
Expert:  Shahid replied 14 days ago.

The Tv must display the menu screen to reset the Tv, there is no other way around, sorry

It seems the TV mainboard has got an internal failure which is causing the issue, it needs to replace the mainboard of the TV to resolve the problem

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you

If the Tv is out of warranty then please Please click the following link to view the board image and part number info to search/ google it to get identical replacement board price info if you're looking to attempt to repair the TV yourself

http://tv-parts.info/product/mainboard-17mb130e-23515291-281590750029-jvc-lt-65c880-c-screen-lsc650fn04

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then please contact the local Tv repair shops to get the repair quote

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask
Thanks for using JustAnswer

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
What is an expected fee range to replace
Expert:  Shahid replied 14 days ago.

You can expect 100 or so Pounds repair cost

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
100 +#plus 15 for the main board?
Expert:  Shahid replied 14 days ago.

Yes, it could be under 100 or a little bit over, the local Tv repair shop will give you the exact repair estimate