Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a Samsung QLED - QE55Q7FAM, 3 years old, and it has

Hi, I have a Samsung QLED - QE55Q7FAM, 3 years old, and it has recently become noticeable especially in lighter background scenes that there is horizontal banding with 3 strips of darker areas visible. In addition there appears to be a blue/puple tinge around the bottom half a dozen pixles and more in the bottom left hand corner. Would you be able to advise if there is a cost effective repair avaialbe?
JA: How old is your Q9F?
Customer: 3 years
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yeah everything works ok apart from this issue, seems to be on all inouts inouts inputs even
JA: How long has this been an issue with your Q9F? What happened right before this?
Customer: only noticed in pat month or so, nothing happened before this, its not moved since I purchased it
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's it thanks

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV and any other devices connecting to the TV such as a cable box, wifi router ect (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV and connecting devices, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Will do.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Same issue

Can you disconnect everything from the TV, so cable box, Bluray player, Antenna ect

Then connect only the power, power it on and tell me how it then functions please

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Did that as part of first step, powered it back on with nothing else connected, same issue.

It is the LCD panel or Tcon board that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
It's no longer under warranty, was looking to try and find out an estimate on repair costs on average on this sort of thing ig you have any idea it would be appreciated

Where are you located?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
England

where in England please

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Sheffield/Rotherham area

You can call Discount TV repairs on(###) ###-####to get an offer for this repair

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok thank you.

You are welcome