Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

My Samsung Galaxy S20 has stopped switching its screen off

Hi there, my Samsung Galaxy S20 has stopped switching its screen off when it is locked, i.e. even when the phone is locked the screen is lit up, which means that my phone is overheating and losing battery very quickly. I have tried restarting, have done a security check, disabled ALways On Display. Any advice?
JA: When were you last able to use your Galaxy?
Customer: Now. It is still working
JA: Do you have a Google account linked to the phone?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It has also been giving me "moisture in charging port" messages and is currently giving a silent notification about the charger being plugged in when it is not

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Can you go to settings, apps, press the three dots top right then show system apps.

Locate Google Services Framework then Storage then clear data.

Restart the phone and tell me how it then functions please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have done the steps and after restarting my lock screen is still permanently swtiched on
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It also still has a silent notification saying the USB charger is plugged in (but it isn't)

You will then need to reset the phone, this will remove all data and return it to new, so first,

Please follow the steps here to backup

https://www.pcworld.com/article/248984/how-to-back-up-your-android-phone.html

Once all data is backed up (make sure it is to avoid losing your data), then please go to settings, search at the top for Factory Reset and select it.

Complete the reset, then setup the phone again and once done, tell me if it now functions correctly.

Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am just waiting for my photos and videos to back up

ok

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok I have just started the factory reset

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok so even after the factory reset, the lock screen is still remaining switched on
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is there anything else you can think of?

I am sorry to hear that.

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you Richard

You are welcome