Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I have a lumix Panasonic camera DC-TZ90. When I turn the

Hi Richard. I have a lumix Panasonic camera DC-TZ90. When I turn the camera off the lens closes and then opens again, I have sent photos to help .... I took the battery out held the shutter down for 60seconds and put the battery back after 10 mins but no change
Any idea what to do .... it’s now out of warranty

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

We will try to get the Lens Assembly gears or Lens drive motor to release if this is the cause of the issue.

To do this, get something that vibrates such as an electric razor or Electric Toothbrush and turn the camera upside down and put it on this.

Once done, power the camera on and off up to 10 times to see if it releases and the Lens moves, removing the error.

Let me know the results please

thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you I will do that in about an hour as something has just cropped up.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sadly it didn’t work

I am sorry to hear that.

It is the internal drive motor or gear assembly that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the camera to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your help

You are welcome