Josh
Josh, Customer Service
Experience:  dasdasd
50836188

I’ve just brought a apple iPhone from eBay it was registered

I’ve just brought a apple iPhone from eBay it was registered to a company costain group plc I’ve contacted the company found out it was issued to a employee . The phone is locked out and can only be opened with a log in code to their remote management. If I take the phone to my local apple store would they be able to wipe the phone
JA: When were you last able to use your phone?
Customer: Only got it today
JA: Have you tried a Factory Reset? This will erase the phone's contents, but the Smartphone Expert can walk you through restoring your photos, contacts and other data from a backup (if you have one).
Customer: The party I brought it from said it was a open phone
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please note that the steps below may not resolve the issue initially but I am happy to assist you further if necessary.

-------

Unfortunately, no. The phone has an Apple ID lock on it and there isn't a way to bypass it without their information. If the seller refuses to provide that information, you can start a dispute through eBay to recover your money because there isn't a way to use the phone while it is iCloud locked.

I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.