Josh
Josh, Customer Service
Experience:  dasdasd
50836188

I have a 2017 iPad Pro.. the software is up to date. When i

Hello. I have a 2017 iPad Pro.. the software is up to date. When i download google maps it disappears from my desktop after 1-2 days. When I re-download it all my saved places are there. The icon is in settings but disappears from the desktop again after a while. This has happened 4-5 times so far. I am not loosing any other apps this way. Can you help please regards Brian
JA: Which software or app can I help with?
Customer: google maps app
JA: What have you tried so far with your software?
Customer: have you not read my message to google?
JA: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i dont know what else to tell him

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please note that the steps below may not resolve the issue initially but I am happy to assist you further if necessary.

-------

Let's try a soft reset on your iPad using the steps below...

Please press and hold down the POWER and HOME buttons together on your iPad until you see the Apple icon. After you see the icon, release the buttons and the iPad will restart.

After the soft reset, let me know if the issue continues.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thanks josh. Ill try that but it sometimes 2days before the google maps icon disappears, so Ill let you know. Regards Brian

You're welcome!

-------

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating!

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know otherwise you can close the question by rating my services as 3-5 stars at the top or bottom of this page (or using the rate this expert option if you are on mobile)