Josh
Josh, Customer Service
Experience:  dasdasd
50836188

I have lost connection from my computer to my printer so i

I have lost connection from my computer to my printer so i cannot print anything off. Everything is on and the cables seem to correctly attached. Pleas advise as to what to do next to correct this issue
JA: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?
Customer: By cables- USB
JA: When did you last update the printer driver software?
Customer: I has a while -cannot remeber
JA: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that i can think of

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please note that the steps below may not resolve the issue initially but I am happy to assist you further if necessary.

-------

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
No success with that!!
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
I have gone into System preferences on my computer and it appears that there new two HP Envy 5000 printers - ti have only got the one - how do get rid of one and get the right one as the default printer

The easiest way to know which one is the right one is to try and print with both of them. If it fails then you can delete that printer icon.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
How do you delete a printer icon - as i cannot seem to get the default one to work

Highlight the printer icon and press the minus icon

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Thank you for that it seems to fixed

You're welcome!

-------

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating!

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know otherwise you can close the question by rating my services as 3-5 stars at the top or bottom of this page (or using the rate this expert option if you are on mobile)