Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I'm trying to install a new hub 3 router. Despite 10 to 15

I'm trying to install a new hub 3 router. Despite 10 to 15 attempts it's still not working. I followed the virgin guide to the letter and managed to see the device in the wifi manager and received the green tick, but when I tried to use it said connection error. I know broadband is working because I brought my previous router with me and it's working fine. Full signal. And I've tried the new broadband cable with my older router and that works too so I know it's not the cable at fault. This is sending me mad, I've spent 4 hours today and I'm not happy for what should have been a 10min job. Can you help please, I've tried rebooting to no avail. Thank you.
JA: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?
Customer: No.
JA: Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?
Customer: It starts with white goes through flashing green then solid green and returns to white
JA: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, as I say it's currently working fine with my older router

If the old router is working OK but the new router is not working at all then it is likely faulty and should be returned.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and I'll be happy to help.

Pete