Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 20 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

It's about Dremel flexi shaft, Dremel 9100 flexishaft,

Customer Question

Hello, it's about Dremel flexi shaft
JA: What's the brand and model of your product?
Customer: Dremel 9100 flexishaft
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Problem is it's working fine and all of a sudden it stops, as though there's no power, then, aftet a few minutes it works again, I've Changed the carbon brushes
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 6 days ago.

Hi! My name is***** am the expert who will be assisting you today.

This problem can occur if there is a break in the cord which is connecting intermittently.

If you get the flexshaft running and leave it running in a static position, does it keep running until the cord is moved?

If so, there is a break inside the cord due to wear and tear that is only connecting intermittently.

There should be protective sleeves at both ends of the cord to help prevent the internal wires from breaking, but it does still happen from time to time.

---------------

Please let me know if you have any further questions on this topic and I'll be more than happy to help? :)

Have a good day and stay safe,

Pete.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.

So when I leave it on it doesn't stop if I move position of the cable, it doesn't seem the cord problem

It only doesn't start after some time of using it, what else can it be?

Luka

Expert:  Pete replied 5 days ago.

If it only stops working after being used for a while, then the motor is likely overheating.

This is usually caused by a dirty or worn commutator (where the brushes contact the rotor), so replacing the brushes will not fix this problem - the motor will need to be replaced.