Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

I switched from a Samsung J20 to a Motorola G7 Play a few

Customer Question

Hello. I switched from a Samsung J20 to a Motorola G7 Play a few months ago. I can't get a mobile connection through the SIM where I live for most of every day. With the previous model, however, the SIM always worked. I've tried resetting the phone back to original factory settings, but the problem endures. Any ideas?
JA: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your phone?
Customer: Yes. It knows the SIM uses the EE network. It just can't manage to actually pick up the network.
JA: Are other devices (computer, tablet, etc.) connecting to the router?
Customer: Yes, no problem connecting to the router. WiFi is not an issue.
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it - thank you.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 16 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

The Motorola antennas are not as good as Samsung so this is normally the cause. If you go into a city or town, do you get a good connection there?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I usually get "a" connection, yes.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Any suggestions on what I might be able to do to improve the connection at home, in Sussex?
Expert:  Richard replied 16 days ago.

Who is your cell phone provider? As they may have a signal booster

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Plusnet, using the EE network. I actually had a similar connection problem with the previous provider, Vodafone.
Expert:  Richard replied 16 days ago.

ok, there is nothing you can do sorry as your signal is just low in that area and this is dictated by your provider. Unless they build a cell phone tower closer to you it will not change sorry.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
OK. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Richard replied 16 days ago.

You are welcome