Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Facetime has stopped working on my IPad - it is still

Customer Question

Facetime has stopped working on my IPad - it is still switched on in settings but calls do not get through nor are there any missed call notifications. Recipients aren't getting my calls.
JA: How long have you had your iPad?
Customer: Probably about ten years!
JA: What have you tried so far with your Apple product?
Customer: Just checked settings - I am 72 and not all that tech savvy
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 14 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

Please hold the home and power buttons on the iPad until you see the apple logo then release.

Let the iPad restart then try to use Facetime please

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I only use Facetime for family calls - one is to Australia so too late at present, the other is to Zimbabwe and probably at work. The call rings as usual but no reply. Is it something to do with the age of the IPad. I have followed your instructions but don't really know if it has worked as unable to make comms - see above.
Expert:  Richard replied 14 days ago.

ok, let me know when you have tested it please