Josh
Josh, Customer Service
Experience:  dasdasd
50836188

I have a samsung s10+ which i normally use fingerprint

Customer Question

hi i have a samsung s10+ which i normally use fingerprint recognision however my phone has lock itself and the fingerprint logo has not come up and it is asking for a password ***** i have never used, how do i unlock my phone without loosing all my data
JA: When were you last able to use your phone?
Customer: i use my phone around 4.15pm today, then i put it in my bag, when i got it out of my bag again it was locked and i was unable to do anything with it
JA: Have you tried a Factory Reset? This will erase the phone's contents, but the Smartphone Expert can walk you through restoring your photos, contacts and other data from a backup (if you have one).
Customer: no i haven't tried to factory reset as i do not want to loose all my photo's and contacts
JA: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no i just need help unlocking my phone please.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Josh replied 10 days ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please note that the steps below may not resolve the issue initially but I am happy to assist you further if necessary.

-------

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
  2. Simultaneously press and hold the Volume up and Bixby buttons.
  3. While continuing to hold Volume up and Bixby, press and hold the Power button until the device vibrates and the Samsung logo appears then release all buttons.
    This action boots the device to the Android Recovery screen.
    Allow up to 15 seconds for the recovery screen to appear.
  4. From the Android Recovery screen, select Wipe data/factory reset.
    Utilize the volume buttons to cycle through the available options and the power button to select.
  5. Select Yes.
    Allow several seconds for the factory data reset to complete.
  6. Select Reboot system now.