Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics Engineer
32989067

Why won t my Apple I pad not charge it is more than 5 yeas

Customer Question

Why won t my Apple I pad not charge it is more than 5 yeas old and used daily for about an hour each day not often left on charge over night and used with care
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?
Customer: Not sure what you mean but we re elderly and use face book and messenger that's about all
JA: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just yesterday tried nothing but it appears there might be a crack in the charging wire
JA: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 7 days ago.

Hi there and welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I’m sorry to hear you're having trouble with your iPad. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the iPad and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the iPad.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The iPad turns on as before but still not charging I did what you said
Expert:  Richard replied 7 days ago.

Go to settings, general, reset, reset all settings.

Tell me how it then functions please

Customer: replied 18 hours ago.
Please cancel anything I have signed up for thank you no longer required